Imagine you are a buyer looking at your home. What do you think obviously needs repair?
Money spent on repairs can make a difference in the final sale price for an important reason. Buyers tend to overestimate the cost of performing repairs and will often reduce their offer by a higher amount in order to compensate for the expense.
A better strategy is to perform the repairs before putting your house on the market.
Simple repairs that make a huge difference in marketability and offer price are:
- Replace cracked windows and torn screens.
- Fix or replace any broken stairs or handrails.
- Fix leaking plumbing fixtures of faucets.
- Replace exterior lock sets and garage door openers if damaged.
- Replace broken or leaking gutters and downspouts.
- Clean, repair, or replace the roof.
- Repair or replace any worn boards on decks or porches.
- Have your heater and air conditioning units serviced and filters replaced.
First impressions are key. Taking care of the necessary repairs before putting your home on the market is important to yielding top dollar and ensuring a quick, hassle-free sale. I’d be happy to come by and make some recommendations on how to create an inviting atmosphere. Homes that convey pride of ownership often receive the best offers.
“A better strategy is to perform the repairs before putting your house on the market.”
Please call or email me if I can answer any questions or be of any assistance in helping you get top dollar when you are ready to sell